2009 Can-Am DS 450 Operator`s Guide
Model: DS 450
Document Name: Operator`s guide
- Model. This generation produced from 2009 to 2010.
- Engine. Vehicle equipped with single-cylinder liquid-cooled dohc 4-valve head with high-flow "durchzugskraft" design 38mm intake valve 31 mm nimonic – alloy engine which has 449cm3 displacement.
- Transmission. 5-speed manual gearbox.Final drive is wet, multiplate.
- Suspension. R-type forged aluminum double a-arm kyb8 hpg piggyback shocks on the front and r-type cast aluminum swingarm chromoly hollow rear axle kyb8 hpg piggyback shock at the back.
- Brakes. The front brakes type: dual 182 mm discs with inverted twin-piston calipers. Rear: 198 mm rotor with single piston caliper.
- Dimensions. DS 450 has 72.4 in (183.9 cm) length, 46 in (116.8 cm) width and 50 in (127 cm) wheelbase with 9 in (22.9 cm) ground clearance. Total weight is 348 lbs (157.9 kg).
- Fuel Capacity. Can-Am equipped with gas tank for 2.9 gallons (11 liters).
- Tyres. Recommended models are 21 x 7R-10 for front wheels and 20 x 10R-9 for rear.