2009 Yamaha YFZ 450R Service Manual
Model: YFZ 450R
Document Name: Service manual
- Model. This generation produced from 2008 to 2009.
- Engine. Vehicle equipped with 4-stroke single liquid cooled w/ fan titanium 5-valve dohc fuel injection engine which has 449cm3 displacement and 11.6:1 compression ratio.
- Transmission. 5-Speed gearbox.Final drive is manual.
- Suspension. Independent "wide arc" double wishbone, w/ 9.8 in. of travel. kashima coated piggy back shocks featuring high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment on the front and cast aluminum swing arm, w/ 11.0 in. of travel. piggy back shock featuring high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment at the back.
- Brakes. The front brakes type: dual ventilated hydraulic disc , twin piston calipers. Rear: wave style ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston caliper.
- Dimensions. YFZ 450R has 70.7 in (179.6 cm) length, 48.8 in (124 cm) width and 50 in (127 cm) wheelbase with 9.3 in (23.6 cm) ground clearance. Total weight is 406 lbs (184.2 kg).
- Fuel Capacity. Yamaha equipped with gas tank for 2.6 gallons (9.8 liters).
- Tyres. Recommended models are AT21x7-10 Dunlop KT351 Radial for front wheels and AT20x10-9 Dunlop KT356 Radial for rear.